Sunday, December 9, 2007

What is French Toast?

I can no longer keep a straight face when I talk with Brittany in the evenings, and sharing the stories with friends and co-workers isn't enough. I need a blog for Brittany.

Tonight I was making bread pudding, not the most common of American desserts, and my roommate asked what was in it and how to make it. Since I make a very simple version (from a Betty Crocker cookbook) I started to describe it as a almost a French toast casserole. Brittany continued to look at me with a blank stare until I continued stating the ingredients (milk, butter, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and bread). Finally she admitted she had no idea how to make French toast or even what it was. So then I explained how to make French toast.

Seriously, she didn't know what French toast was?

No comments: