Friday, December 21, 2007

Best of Brittany: Christmas Edition

As I have been writing this blog, I realized that, in the sake of entertainment and humorous release, it was a little unfair to Brittany. I have intended to extol some of Brittany's true virtues for a while, and the holiday season provides the right occasion, not only because of the spirit of the season, but also because the huge favor Brittany has just performed for me.

Brittany fills and empties the dishwasher far more often than she is responsible for doing.

She cleans the bathroom and kitchen without being asked.

She presents a smiling face with a story to tell when I get home late from work- which is so much better than coming home to darkness and silence.

But now for the occasions Brittany has saved me from my absent-mindedness:
1) Only two days after she moved in, I was going on a trip. But when I got to the airport I discovered that I had forgotten my cameras memory on my dresser. She drove it all the way to the airport at 7 am for me.

2) For Christmas my family is headed abroad, but I first drove 8 hours to my parents home: without my passport. I was able to call Brittany, and she'll bring my passport to her parents' house tomorrow, and then I can pick it up on Sunday.

I can't believe it never even entered my head that I would need my passport. My mother asked me for it so that she could make a photocopy! I don't want to be taken as a cruel hypocrite. I can tell the truth about my own failings and laugh at them.

Brittany is a sweet and caring person who has helped me in my times of stupidity.

No comments: